We regularly curate and host public events at Interference Archive that are in keeping with our mission. More specifically, our events are geared toward:
• fostering critical engagement with culture, art, politics, and society
• featuring forms of cultural production that are representative of what is housed in our collection, such as publications and films created by and for social movements
• showcasing cultural objects and organizing in relationship to larger sociopolitical concerns and transformative visions
• highlighting the organizational forms, processes—human and material—and production techniques behind the creation of cultural ephemera from below
• encouraging and illustrating imaginative forms of cultural production as well as interventions in relation to political organizing, social struggles and resistance movements
In order to allow for ample time to organize and promote events at the archive, please submit any event proposals at least three weeks before the proposed event date. We will do our best to respond to event requests within a week of receiving them. All event proposals should be sent to the Interference Archive collective c/o email@example.com.
If we decide to host your event, at least one archive collective member will act as a point person, but we’ll need your help with setup/cleanup and tasks during the event. Interference has an A/V system and allows attendance of around forty people. We generally discourage food and drink in our space. Because we rely on donations and membership to sustain the archive, unless otherwise arranged in advance, we ask that you contribute at least 50% of any donations collected to help financially support Interference.