We regularly curate and host public events at Interference Archive that are in keeping with our mission. If you would like to propose an event, please fill out our online form.
Please note: at present, following health guidelines, our events are limited to a 20 person capacity limit. We request that all visitors to the space remain masked at all times, and be ready to show proof of vaccination.
You can read more about how we organize events by downloading our event guidelines. In brief, our events are geared toward:
• fostering critical engagement with culture, art, politics, and society
• featuring forms of cultural production that are representative of what is housed in our collection, such as publications and films created by and for social movements
• showcasing cultural objects and organizing in relationship to larger sociopolitical concerns and transformative visions
• highlighting the organizational forms, processes—human and material—and production techniques behind the creation of cultural ephemera from below
• encouraging and illustrating imaginative forms of cultural production as well as interventions in relation to political organizing, social struggles and resistance movements
Please note that we do not host traditional book launch events, but we are willing to consider proposals for book-related events that are interactive or dialogue-based, incorporating ideas the authors wished to explore further than the pages of their book, or engaging in conversations not finished within the constraints of the book.
We will do our best to respond to event requests within a week of receiving them.
If we decide to host your event, at least one archive collective member will act as a point person, but we’ll need your help with setup/cleanup and tasks during the event. Interference has an A/V system and allows attendance of around forty people. We generally discourage food and drink in our space.
All events in our space are free and open to the public, with donations collected from attendees. Because we rely on donations and membership to sustain the archive, unless otherwise arranged in advance, we ask that you contribute at least 50% of any donations collected to help financially support Interference.